Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Protein Pancakes - Delicious & Low Carb



Ingredients:

 1 scoop of your favorite smoothie powder
   (I use Shakeology Protein or Cytosine 100% Whey)
 3 egg whites
   (from eggs or the egg whites in cartons)
 2 oz of your favorite low sugar yogurt
  (My faves are the Carbmaster brand
   from Ralphs or Food 4 Less but Greek 
   works well too)
 
Directions:
 
1. Put all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Make pancakes in a pan as usual and serve.
3. It's that easy! That's it ;)
 
You can add the other ingredients such as bananas, oats, peanut butter, nuts, etc if you'd like but I'm trying to eat low carb so I stick with the Ralphs Carbmaster yogurts, egg whites and low carb protein.
 
I make a large batch of these on the beginning of the week,  refrigerate them and snack on them throughout the week when I'm craving sweets, bread, and/or carbs in general.
 
You can choose any protein flavor you like but vanilla tends to work best. I've also tried chocolate,  cookies & cream and strawberry.  All are yummy but vanilla is my fave! Serve them to your whole family. My son loves them!  In the batch above I made 6 batches (6 scoops of protein, 1 1/2 yogurts & 18 egg whites). It's easier to do all at once for the week and it makes plenty to have on hand for the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment