Tuesday, April 12, 2016

It's Ok To Lift As A Woman!



Lifting doesn't mean bulky!!!

I wasn't really into "lifting" not because I was afraid of getting too bulky but because I really didn't know where to start. I have worked out for over 20 years, a lot of cardio and some weights. After doing many Beachbody programs (and being a Team Beachbody Coach) I was really excited when they released Hammer & Chisel.  I knew it was going to be tough but was so ready to tone up and learn more about building muscles but not bulking up.  We as women sometimes fear that if we lift we may lose the femininity we work so hard for, but that is far from the truth.  I have learned how to EAT RIGHT (most difficult part in the beginning of our journey), lift enough weight to build and tone where I want.....booty and abs were my priority!! I do not lift more than 40 pounds, so it's not too bad or difficult and more about reps and form.

It is also very important to continue your cardio routine even though you are lifting, the balance of intervals is very important to building and maintaining your muscle.  Hammer & Chisel does an excellent job incorporating both and kicking your butt in doing so! If you are a beginner and want to learn more about lifting, this program is definitely one that will teach you at a very doable pace!

So my point ladies, is don't be afraid to add some weight to your fitness programs!!!  Strong Is The New Sexy!!!!


Maria Doney

No comments:

Post a Comment